Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Homophobia Is Homophobia, Mr. Hyman

Here's a new one. Yeah, I know. I've been kind of slacking. (For anyone new to this blog, periodically, I counter the general manager of the Sinclair Corporation, parent company of Fox News. I encourage everyone to lend him an earful.)

Mark Hyman took three days to try to link the ACLU to the support of pedophilia. I won't rehash all three reports here, but do encourage everyone to take a look at his remarks (use the drop down menu and choose the ones titled NAMBLA).

My response to his three-days of lying:

Wow! It took you three days to blow a thick smoke screen in an attempt to convince your viewers the ACLU supports pedophilia. The only problem is most of your viewers can see through the twisted facts and lies.

Point one: the ACLU is not against the Boy Scouts nor do they wish to not “separate men from copulating with young boys.”

First, according to the FBI, 90% of the pedophiles are heterosexual, not homosexual. By your reasoning, there should be no scout leaders.

Second, the very homophobic implication that homosexuals want sex with young boys warrants an apology on your part to your viewers and homosexuals.

Third, the ACLU is against discrimination, born out of homophobic myths like the one you have tried to perpetuate. They only argued that if the Boy Scouts receive public money and use public facilities, then they have to scrap their discriminatory practices against homosexuals.

Point two: the ACLU did not support NAMBLA. What they did support is free speech. Since the material NAMBLA publishes is not illegal, the ACLU argued that the group cannot be held liable for any crime committed because someone “got ideas” from their literature.

Now think of the implication for a moment. Every night I watch your reporters teach me how to deal drugs, rob banks, of kill someone. Sure, they don’t give me the lessons all at once, but each story reported gives me ideas of what I should and should not do if I were to commit a crime.

Do you want every criminal behind bars suing you for putting ideas in their head that caused them to commit their crime?

Perhaps they should sue you for giving them faulty information, much like this three-day expose on the ACLU and NAMBLA.

No comments: