Thursday, June 23, 2005

Little Guy Protest's First Newsletter - Who We Are


Little Guy Protest
Gay Marriage
A Civil Rights Issue

Volume 1
15 Jun 05

This being Little Guy Protest's first newsletter, please excuse any formatting errors. I feel I need to get that out of the way up front as I am learning this new mail client and what it can and cannot do.

I want to take the time to thank our new subscribers and truly hope that you find this issue and future issues informative, helpful, and insightful.

With the formalities out of the way, let's get down to business.

Some of you may be wondering exactly who is behind Little Guy Protest. For starters, let's say "we" is really one little guy - me, Mark Darien, and every subscriber to this newsletter. I can write until I'm blue in the face, but without you participating and spreading the ideas contained on the site, Little Guy Protest will only be one website among millions that goes largely unnoticed.

We have no corporate sponsorship nor do we have any political groups supporting or financing us in any way. I never ask for money and expect none. The most I have done is added some Google ads to some of the pages.

Yes, it takes a lot of time and a little bit of money to maintain Little Guy Protest so if you absolutely feel a need to donate something to keep the site up and running, there are a couple of things you may do.

First, and foremost, participate in the monthly campaign and the secondary campaigns as you see fit. Participation is the key to success.
You may also click on an ad sometime. It doesn't matter if you buy or not. Just click on it.

If you aren't the ad-clicker type, join our editorial staff. Visitors to our site appreciate variety and they most likely will get bored reading my stuff all the time. Please keep in mind that I cannot pay you for your submission. I will, however, fully credit the article to you and only publish it on Little Guy Protest.

While joining the editorial staff is open to all visitors to the site, I extend an invite to you, the subscriber of this newsletter, to join our news staff. There's plenty of examples on the site of the quality of writing and factual reporting that I'm looking for.

If you are interested in writing for Little Guy Protest, please
email me and specify whether you want to compile news stories or write editorials so I know which submission guidelines to send you.

You may have noticed that I have added a comments section to the end of the news stories and editorials. Feel free to respond to the articles and if you opt to allow me to publish your response, I will have a Letter to the Editor page to spice up the variety of the site. Also, the campaigns now have an option to allow you to tell us if you will or won't participate. Please take the time to let us know so we can give everyone else an idea of our level of participation. (Ok, so its not a scientific measurement, but every little bit of feedback helps.)
And lastly, spread the word about this site any way you see fit. Tell your friends. Share it in online communities. If you run a website or a blog, post a link if you feel Little Guy Protest will compliment your site.

For the sake of brevity, I will not summarize all the improvements to the site nor recap the many stories and few editorials that have been added. Please feel free to
check it out, though!

If you haven't done so already, please visit
June's efforts.

And even if you have, but haven't told us if you plan on participating or not, please go back and let us know. It's completely anonymous!

Best regards to all,

Mark Darien

No comments: